SFCF 2019 is now accepting vendors in all categories
The 2019 Southern Fried Chicken Festival (April 6th, 2019) is accepting new applicants for all vendor categories. Applications are being accepted through March 3rd, 2019. Vendors will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis and at the discretion of the SFCF Committee. Participation fees for those who are accepted are $300 for food trucks (Limit 8), $300 for 10’x10’ food booth space (Limit 12), $150 for art/fashion and hot sauce vendor, and $200 for specialty desert vendors (limit 3). Vendor participation fees are due no later than March 15, 2019.
Why should you participate?
During our first event in 2017 at Levy Park we generated over 4,000 people and our vendors all had a great day in sales. SFCF also offers various opportunities for exposure through pr, social media and our culinary experience events.
The average Southern Fried Chicken Festival attendee...
45% female & 55% male
Median income $50,000 to $74,999
3-6 hours a day at the festival
78% purchased food, merchandise or both
Spent $60 per attendee on food, drinks and merchandise
"We are in many festivals throughout the year and the Southern Fried Chicken Festival can be a 'model' for how these types of events should be run! Your food vendor personnel were very friendly and willing to help out with anything, and continually checked with us throughout the day in case we needed any assistance. That is going above and beyond being helpful with the way that they were monitoring our needs!"—2017 vendor
Vendors will be contacted as they are selected to participate. If you have any questions, please contact Vince@stackmarketinggroup.com.
SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN FESTIVAL FOOD VENDOR RULES AND STANDARDS
1. An accepted application is a commitment to show and constitutes the agreement between the parties, vendor, and Southern Fried Chicken Festival (SFCF). No refunds will be made for cancellation or inclement weather. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Vendor is restricted to setting up in the space designated by SFCF. Space assignments are made by SFCF Committee Members. Any vendor caught setting up in any other area will be asked to leave the premises, will not be allowed to participate in future events, and will forfeit all fees.
3. Vendor is not allowed to park behind their booth or in the park. Any vendor parked in these areas will be asked to leave the premises, will not be allowed to participate in future events, and will forfeit all fees.
4. Single booth space is a maximum of 10' x 10'. All FOOD VENDOR exhibitors must have WHITE TENTS WHICH CAN BE RENTED FROM SFCF at $125.00 rental rate if needed by vendor. Anyone that sets up with a tent of any other color will be asked to leave and will forfeit all fees.
5. EACH FOOD VENDOR WITHOUT A FOOD TRUCK MUST USE A WHITE TENT PER 10x10 BOOTH SPACE. ALL weights to anchor tents, cooking and storing equipment, 8’ tables, and chairs are to be provided by the vendor. VENDOR is responsible for the assembly and disassembly of all cooking, storage items. Prepare for the possibility of inclement weather conditions such as rain or wind.
6. Vendors are required to serve food according to the SFCF schedule, unless prior arrangements have been made, in advance, with SFCF, and must staff their booths and food trucks during Festival hours.
7. Vendors bear the responsibility for all setup and security needs for their booths. SFCF will not be responsible for any loss or damage and the vendor will indemnify and hold SFCF harmless for any loss or damage to any of the vendor’s property or any damage or loss sustained by a third party due to installation or set-up by vendor.
8. Basic power is supplied within 75' of each booth. Exhibitors are required to supply their own means of attaching to the supply point. Please inspect cords and connections prior to Festival to avoid any power problems.
9. The sale of any liquid or frozen drinks, drug parephenalia or sexually explicit items is strictly prohibited. Any exhibitor caught selling these items will be asked to leave the premises, forfeit all fees, and will not be allowed to participate in upcoming events.
10. All vendors certify that they will cooperate with all standards and procedures, insurance requirements, and all state and city laws and ordinances pertaining to food service and tax reporting
11. Vendors may not utilize music, loud speakers, or megaphone devices.
12. All requests or special needs must be made in writing and received with the completed application. All efforts will be made to honor such requests; however, SFCFcannot guarantee that all requests will be granted.
13. All exhibitors are responsible for reporting their own applicable taxes including income and state and local sales tax.
14. All vendors further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Southern Fried Chicken Festival, it’s non profit partner and sponsors from any and all claims, demands, loss or liability of every nature, for injuries to persons and/or property, occurring in or about or in any way connected with this Application or Agreement, the Southern Fried Chicken Festival, or their service or any performance of their obligations under this Agreement or Application, to the extent such claims, demands, loss or liability arise out of the negligence or failure of the exhibitor, its officers, agents, employees, representatives, vendors, subcontractors, assigns, licensees, and/or invitees. In the event of any claims, demands, loss or liability arising under this section and their duty to defend, the exhibitor’s responsibility shall include the payment of all reasonable attorney’s fees ,and all costs of defense and/or litigation, mediation, arbitration, or any other similar claims process initiated under this Section.
ADDITIONAL RULES FOR FOOD VENDORS ONLY:
*Each vendor must submit a full application and will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis and at the discretion of the SFCF Committee.
*Vendors will serve portions with the recommended price not to exceed $10. No vendor shall be allowed to serve the same menu items other than fried chicken dishes, biscuits/breads and french fries as other vendors and the SFCF Committee must approve all menu items.
*Vendors using grease are required to have some form of covering underneath cookware to prevent stains on public city property.
*Food vendors are not permitted to sell or provide beverages.
*Vendors must dispose of waste in appropriate, predetermined areas.
*All Fried Chicken vendors must agree to selling at least one $5 entree w/ side combo on their menu. This will be your sample meal. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
*A City of Houston Food Service Medallion or Temporary Food Permit is Required for all Mobile Food Units and all food vendors. They may be obtained at Health and Human Services located at 8000 N. Stadium Dr. Houston, TX 77055. Click here to see guidelines —-> http://www.houstontx.gov/health/Food/mobilefoodunits.html
ALL TEMPORARY FOOD PERMITS MUST BE PURCHASED FROM HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES LOCATED AT 8000 N. STADIUM DR. HOUSTON, TX 77055 BY MARCH 27th, 2019. TEMPORARY PERMITS PURCHASED AFTER THIS DATE ARE SUBJECT TO LATE FEES. YOUR CITY OF HOUSTON MEDALLION OR TEMPORARY PERMIT MUST BE POSTED IN YOUR BOOTH AND CLEARLY SEEN AT AT ALL TIMES DURING THE EVENT. *Note: The fee for the temporary permit may be between $50-$78.
-Water will be provided to vendors by SFCF.
-All Vendors who do not pay the SFCF electricity fee will need to supply their own power source. They must also provide their own power cords and connections.
-All vendors must provide their own power source (on board generator) or they may hook up to the SFCF power source for $75.00 fee. Each vendor must provide their owner power cords, appropriate connections and/or adaptors to hook up to the SFCF power source.
-All vendors will be mentioned periodically on stage throughout the festival.
-Setup time and location shall be coordinated with the Site Coordinator.
Specialty dessert (Must provide own white tent or rent from SFCF) - $200.00
Art / Fashion (Must provide own white tent or rent from SFCFF_ - $150.00
Food Truck - $300.00
10' x 10' Food Booth Space (Must provide own 10x10 white tent or rent from SFCF ) - $300.00
Rental Tent 10x10 - White (if needed) - $125.00
SFCF power hook up fee $75.00
If you are selected as a vendor, and you elect to participate, all fees are payable and due no later than March 15, 2019. They are non-refundable.